Your Asset Allocation in The World of Tomorrow
Your Most Important Investment Decision
Do you have the right investment strategy now for our recovering economy?
Do any of these apply to you?
- Are you uncertain about the performance and security of your investment portfolio and its ability to support your family’s needs post-retirement?
- Does your portfolio consist of a high proportion of bonds (even though this fixed-income instrument no longer provides the level of secure income and capital safety that it used to)?
- Are you considering diversifying more of your assets into private equity, infrastructure and real estate (which generally are more difficult to understand, and have limited liquidity and expensive valuations, particularly relative to what is available in the public markets)?
- Is gold a part of your current investment portfolio (though it offers no current income and is vulnerable to price speculation)?
- Would your investment portfolio benefit from being adjusted so it is better structured and more specialized for the recovering economy – tailored to your portfolio size, income requirement, and risk tolerance?
Designing the Right Asset Allocation for Your Portfolio is a Key Step to Your Financial & Retirement Security
Introducing Letko Brosseau
Independent since 1987, Letko Brosseau has provided clients long-term outperformance with investments in Canada and around the world.
We take a disciplined, long-term view based on fundamental research, economic analysis and the deep industry experience of our multi-disciplinary team.
for over 33 years
Our balanced strategy has ranked in the 3rd percentile over 20 years amongst one of the industry’s largest and most comprehensive universes of Canadian pension plans.2
But results are only part of the story. Wishing for good returns says little on how to achieve them. The true story is in the purpose, the values and the discipline we bring to the investment process.
1 Value added represents the excess return over the weighted average of all clients’ benchmarks for all assets under management gross of fees from Jan 1, 1988 to December 31, 2020.
Performance numbers referenced above are annualized and presented in Canadian dollars gross of fees for all assets under management from Jan 1, 1988 to December 31, 2020 and do not refer to any composite. The benchmark represents the weighted average of all clients’ benchmarks. Total firm assets include $77 million of frozen / transition accounts as of December 31, 2020.
2 Peer comparison universe is the RBC Investor & Treasury Services Canadian Defined Benefit Plans Universe, as at December 31, 2020.
Past performance does not guarantee future results.
1800 McGill College Avenue
Montreal, Quebec H3A 3J6
Royal Bank Plaza, South Tower
200 Bay Street, Suite 2100
Toronto, Ontario M5J 2J4
355-4th Avenue SW
Calgary, Alberta T2P 0J1
Is Letko Brosseau a good fit for you?
Our Investment Strategy in 2021
Capitalize on The Asset Recovery
As life returns to normal, we expect that stocks invested in the “real economy” (such as transportation, materials, and oil & gas, to name a few) will rebound. Letko Brosseau’s “real economy” stocks are currently trading at 10.4x 2022 earnings, a 38% discount when compared to the MSCI World Index.
Source: Bloomberg and LBA calculations as of January 31, 2021, Letko Brosseau International Equity Fund
Capture Secular Forces & Long Term Trends
We invest in stock categories that are expected to continue to rise in tandem with long-term trends. These sectors include artificial intelligence, the internet of things, automation, infrastructure needs in the developing world, and the aging population.
Structural Growth in Emerging Markets
Over 85% of the world’s population lives in emerging markets where the level of unmet needs is tremendous (as is the potential for great returns) in areas such as health care, infrastructure, utilities, and more. Over the past ten years, emerging markets have been growing at 3x the rate of developed markets. As it has done for more than 20 years, Letko Brosseau will continue to be actively involved in emerging markets.
Avoid Asset Bubbles
Letko Brosseau will continue to optimize its clients’ portfolios while avoiding investments that have a disproportionately high yield and risk profile, a lack of transparency, and low liquidity
Get Your Questions Answered On Investment Strategy & Asset Allocation
Start a conversation with Paul Vaillancourt, one of our Directors of Investment Services, a Letko Brosseau Partner who is experienced at working with high net worth private clients.